A marriage license is good for 60 days, but the latest you may obtain one is 24 hours before the ceremony. Birth Certificates & Drivers Licenses are required (NO Exceptions) and also required is divorce papers, If applicable. We do request that you make an appointment prior to coming in for a marriage license. Please call the Town Clerk’s office at 518.664.6148 x20
Marriage License Fee: $40
What Do I Need To Get a Marriage License?
- Couple needs to come in together
- Photo ID driver’s license or passport
- State Issued (not hospital) Birth certificate (if not in English need certified transcript in English) or Naturalization papers
- Social Security Number (card not required)
- Need to know city and state where applicants born.
- Country of birth of parentsParents’ full names including maiden names, middle names and the correct spelling
- If not first marriage, need final divorce decree for all divorces and/or date of death of spouse, copy of death certificate required
- Applicants should be prepared to choose a “surname”