The Town of Stillwater Court holds sessions for small claims and civil matters generally twice a month.
- You may file a claim in the Stillwater Town Court for any amount up to and including $3,000.
- The person/persons against whom you are filing a claim must either live in or operate a business in the Town of Stillwater. You will need a correct mailing address. A small claim action cannot be filed using a Post Office Box number.
- Corporations and partnerships cannot initiate a small claims action in Justice Court.
- A small claim must be filed in person during office hours.
- The fee for filing a claim in the amount of $1 to $1000 is $10.
- The fee for filing a claim in the amount of $1001 to $3000 is $15.
(A service fee of 2.99% of the payment amount will be assessed on all credit card payments)
Download “A Guide to Small Claims Court“