About the Building Code Enforcement Office
- Responsible for enforcing international building codes adopted by NYS as well as all building and zoning related Laws.
- Review all building construction drawings for residential and commercial projects and issue permits.
- Work closely with the Planning Department on development proposals.
- Perform Fire Inspections yearly for all Businesses in the Town of Stillwater
- Issue appearance tickets for building code and zoning violations.
Additional Information Required for the Issuance of a Building Permit
- Surveyed Plot-plan showing property lines location of buildings, driveways, distances to property lines, location of well and septic (if required).
- Curb cut Permit from Stillwater Highway Department, NYS DOT or Saratoga County DPW.
- Workers Comp, Liability and Disability Insurance forms from Builders/Contractors.
- Two sets of building plans/drawings (may require an Engineer or Architect Stamp)
- Saratoga County Sewer Permit (if it applies)
It is always a wise decision and we appreciate you contacting Building Code Enforcement prior to the commencement of any construction to see if a permit is required.
- LIABILITY AND/OR WORKERS’ COMP FORMS FOR EACH PERMIT
- PLOT PLANS
- COPIES OF PLANS (may require an Engineer or Architect Stamp)
- SIGNED APPLICATIONS
- SEWER OR SEPTIC APPLICATIONS
Important Building Permit Applications
- Application For Operating Permit
- Agricultural Data Statement and Control Form
- Application for Building Permit
- Checklist for Building Permit