> > Community Care on Elder Care
Community Care on Elder Care (CCEC)
This is a page for the Senior Citizens to find out what CCEC can offer them and how they can recieve these services:
January 1 2005 thru March 31, 05 Eldercare trasportation transported 40 clients. 36 from the city of Mechanicville and 4 from the village and town of Stillwater.
The service is being greatly strained and there is a need for volunteer drivers. One or two volunteers 3 to 6 hours a week would be a great assistance. Hours would be between 8 am and 5 pm, no weekends, no nights. At present there is only one volunteer doing home visits, and no volunteer drivers. Persons who in the past have volunteered and would like to do so again are encouraged to call the community center director at 664-2515. Drivers must have a valid and clean New York state drivers license and be willing to diriving a full size van.
Phone: 664-2515, ext. 18
* Respite Care, 2-4 hours
* Friendly Visit
* Senior Safety Network (Telephone Check)
* Local Transportation for Errands
* Occasional Light Housekeeping
* Occasional Light Maintenance
* Transportation to Medical Treatments/Doctor Appointments
Elder Care Transportation, provided by by the Town of Stillwater Community Center. Services provided to persons in the Town of Stillwater and the city of Mechanicville in Saratoga county. Due to the increasing request for transportation and the fact of no volunteer drivers, Elder Care has to set priorities for transportation:
* Persons needing to have treatment for Dialysis, Chemo or other similar treatment will get top priority.
* Persons going outside the city of Mechanicville and the town of Stillwater will be next.
* Where possible, persons requiring medical treatment with in the city of mechanicville are encouraged to use the city bus when possible.
* Persons on Medicaid may call county social services, 884-4169 when Elder Care transportation is not available.
* All persons requesting trasportation are encouraged to call in your appointments as soon as possible.
Call this number to make appointments for transportation. 664-2515 Ext. 18: DO NOT CALL ANY OTHER NUMBER. Please leave your name, phone number, date and time of your appointment and the location of the medical office you are going to. You will be called back within 24 hours, Monday thru Friday. Calls received on Saturday or Sunday will be returned on next business day.
Normal hours of operation 8 am to 3 pm.
No trasportation provided on Saturday or Sunday for any reason.
No transportation provided on days that the Stillwater area schools are closed due to inclement weather, IE: snow days. Transportation may be provided on some holidays.
Request have increased three fold since July 2004. Be prepared to arrive at your appointment early and picked up late.
If you are going for blood work or during a nomal meal time for your self, please bring a snack and/or beverage with you. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
VIAL OF LIFE
The Center Office & CCEC Office distribute VIALs (Vital
Informationl Aids Lives) for anyone wishing to have one. This is a community service provided by Seton Health.
WALKERS - CANES - WHEELCHAIRS - BATH SUPPORTS
Anyone in need of special equipment? Call the Eldercare Office at 664-2515, ext. 15 to find out how to receive these items.
If you would like more information regarding
CCEC Services or have any questions, please
call 664-2515, ext. 18